Re: So many packages. So few that I need started at every boot.

OoO  Vers la  fin  de l'après-midi  du  samedi 27  décembre 2003, vers
16:47, Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> disait:

> Having said that, there seems to be a patch in the BTS at the moment
> which I ought to look at.

Since the  original  one was quite  old,   I have  sent two   new. The
original one get rid of  /etc/ssh/sshd_not_to_be_run. If the user does
not want the server, the symlinks are removed,  it can still launch it
via /etc/init.d. Some scripts should then be tweaked to avoid starting
the server since the init.d script do not know how to handle that.

My first patch looks at the name of the script. If it is invoked as S*
or K*, /etc/ssh/sshd_not_to_be_run is  respected, otherwise the action
is taken  whatever this file  exists or not.  It is almost the same as
the original approach.

The  second  patch adds   some targets :  force-start,  force-stop and
force-reload. With start, stop and reload, the script behaves the same
way as the  original script, so we don't  need to modify other scripts
like the  postinst one (and  maybe some others). The  force-* versions
will do  the appropriate  actions even if  /etc/ssh/sshd_not_to_be_run
exists.

Just   handling symlinks in  /etc/rc.d is  not sufficient enough since
many postinst scripts should  then be modified  to avoid the server to
start against  the user  will.  In contrast,  adding "force-*" targets
would force the user to  modify its own scripts  (for example, when he
could have written a script that launches Apache+MySQL).
--
printk("VFS: Busy inodes after unmount. "
        "Self-destruct in 5 seconds.  Have a nice day...\n");