Re: [OT] Re: Changes in formal naming for NetBSD porting effort(s)

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 15:15, Joel Baker <fenton@debian.org> wrote:
> The Anglican church is, in fact, the most likely among anyone except the
> UUs to (eventually) decide that it's OK, for the same reasons that they
> have (now) decided that it's OK to have gay clergy and formal recognition
> of committment ceremonies (they won't call it marriage, or treat it as

What are the UUs?

One Anglican minister I knew told me of a couple who had been living together
("living in sin" as some people will say) for several years.  They approached
him about arranging a wedding ceremony, and he suggested that they need not
bother as having established commitment through living together for so long
was good enough.

Of course lots of vicars won't share that opinion.  But in urban areas it's
pretty common to shop around for a vicar who's opinions agree with yours
anyway.