Re: Building a distribution from source?

On Wed, Dec 10, 2003 at 07:44:55PM +0100, Peter Busser wrote:

> ``We''? Who is ``we''? It is unlikely that you are one of them royal people, so
> I take it you meant to say:
>
> Adamantix is not what I want to do, what I want to do is to improve Debian.

  That is correct, I agree with Russell.  What _I_ want to do is improve
 Debian.  if for a while I have to go it alone and demonstrate mycode
 and pacakges work then so be it, but the ultimate aim is to improve
 Debian.

> Fair enough. But if I were to improve Debian, I would put PaX in the default
> kernel source.

  PaX is interesting, ProPolice is more interesting.

> > > create installation CDs yourselve. For more information about Adamantix,
> > > see http://trusteddebian.org/
> > That URL is obsolete.

  Yes.

> Right, it is obsolete. Please use http://www.adamantix.org/ instead. Not that
> it makes any difference, because you end up with the same web page in front
> of you.

  But you loose the association with Debian "proper".

> > In fact the domain should probably be de-registered to avoid confusion.
>
> If anyone appears to be confused here, it seems to be you (again).

  Fight amongst yourself if you wish.  Adamantix are clear that they
 are seprate from Debian as I believe they are.   Anything else is
 pointless bickering and semantics.

Steve