Re: Automatical loading 2.6 modules using module-init-tools

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003, Andreas Tille wrote:

> /usr/share/doc/module-init-tools/FAQ tells something about the reason why
> in RedHat modules are not loaded automatically.
Sorry for the noise.  I just had no module-init-tools installed when installing
my self-made kernel-2.6test11 package and thus "depmod -a" failed for several
modules.  Now "depmod -a" runs smoothly and automatic module loading works
fine (with exception of alsa sound, but this seems to be a *-user related
question - even if I would love to hear some experiences, perhaps in private).

Kind regards

         Andreas.