Re: Building Debian Completely From Source

On 20031206T085705-0600, John Goerzen wrote:
> Yeah, I have found some of those circular build-deps.  I believe they
> should be considered serious bugs if they aren't already.  That's just
> wrong.

There are several good reasons for circular build-time dependencies.
For example, every self-hosting compiler build-depends on itself
(many of them can be bootstrapped, but I'm not sure we want to require
bootstrapping on every build - and some require manual bootstrapping
work).

--
Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho, Debian developer   http://www.iki.fi/gaia/