Re: debian pxe dhcp netinstall (debconf enterprise fai etc.)

On Fri, 5 Dec 2003, Chad Walstrom wrote:

> I was intrigued by Progeny's autoinstall Python script, but never had a
> chance to look into it further.

Progeny no longer maintains autoinstall, but I have picked it up and
continue to use, maintain, and enhance it.  If you haven't looked at it in
a while it might be worth revisiting.  I uploaded a new version a month or
two ago which fixes some of the deficiencies of previous versions.

I also received a comment from a user last week stating that they are
using autoinstall with PXE and it is working great.  I'm using autoinstall
via a single 1.44M floppy every day to deploy various machines and it all
works as expected -- my machines are up and running in just a few minutes,
completely hands-free.

 Paul.

--
Paul Telford | 1024D/431B38BA | pxt@debian.org | paul@droflet.net
       C903 0E85 9AF5 1B80 6A5F  F169 D7E9 4363 431B 38BA