Re: recovery status update

James Troup wrote:
> As part of the recovery process, db.debian.org has migrated, both to a
> new host (because the old box was on it's last legs and HP kindly
> donated a shiny new one to replace it), and to a newer version of LDAP
> (because it was still using potato's OpenLDAP).

Which exact version of OpenLDAP and which database backend are you
using? The BDB backend has severe problems if incorrectly configured
(i.e. a DB_CONFIG file is missing or the cachesize specified there is
too small). We're working on that at the moment; libdb4.2 4.2.51 is
supposed to fix the problem, though a correctly cachesize is still
important for performance.

Roland