Re: Debian packages and freedesktop.org (Gnome, KDE, etc) menu entries

Zenaan Harkness <zen@freedbms.net> said:

> On Fri, 2003-12-05 at 05:49, Felipe Almeida Lessa wrote:
>> > On Thursday 04 December 2003 13:19, Andrew Suffield wrote:
>> > The other question is "how hard could it be to adapt menu to desktop files ?".
>> I think only one thing is blocking the whole idea of moving from Debian Menu style to freedesktop.org style: the work that need to be done. In other words, people don't wanna use the .desktop format because the have already write a debian/menu.
>
> This is my impression from the threads too.

If it is just a matter of time, the transition can be done step by
step: the first step is just to say that this transition should be
done.

It doesn't need to be done in two days, does it? If new packages start
directly with .desktop and others packages move to .desktop in the
next year, it does not seems to be an awful load of extra work.

--
Mathieu Roy

  | General Homepage:           http://yeupou.coleumes.org/             |
  | Computing Homepage:         http://alberich.coleumes.org/           |
  | Not a native english speaker:                                       |
  |     http://stock.coleumes.org/doc.php?i=/misc-files/flawed-english  |