Re: [custom] Custom Debian Distributions

On Tue, Dec 02, 2003 at 05:38:15AM +1100, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-12-02 at 02:46, Anthony Towns wrote:
> > So, using my definitions, the following conclusions are (IMO) true:
> >
> > 	* all flavours are policy compliant
> >
> > 	* some derived distros might be policy compliant
>
> Do you mean to include, eg. derived distros including non-free software
> here, or should we have a separate term for this?

If the derived distro is outside of Debian from a "project" sort of
view, they don't have to upload the social contract, respect the DFSG
and developer GRs. All internal projects that bear the Debian name
must, at the very least, do this to the extent that Debian proper
does or it's kind of strange calling them Debian. No?

> > 	* distributing customised Debian distros is not only the way of the
> > 	  future, it's the way of the present!

Nice. :)

Regards,
Mako