Re: Debian IS for the enterprise (Was: Debian Enterprise?)

On Thu, Nov 27, 2003 at 11:22:46AM +1100, Russell Coker wrote:
> Let's consider for the sake of discussion that this package cull involved
> removing Postfix and KDE (we have Exim and GNOME).
>
> This would force me to build my own packages of Postfix and KDE instead of
> doing some of the other things I do (or maybe change to a distribution that
> had KDE).

That's a ludicrous example.
postfix is a clearly recognized leading mail program
KDE is a clearly recognized leading desktop system

Neither one would realistically be targetted for removal.
It's all the miscellaneous also-ran junk that would be targetted, I would
guess.