Re: autoconf AC_SYS_LARGEFILE

On 30-Nov-03, 04:18 (CST), Brian May <bam@debian.org> wrote:
> <hat mode="debian maintainer" package="dar">
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to get long file names to work in dar (uptodate
> debian/unstable).
>
> So far, I don't think I have had any success (at least I
> don't see any evidence...).
>
> I have traced it to the AC_SYS_LARGEFILE autoconf macro (autoconf 2.57),
> it outputs the following in config.log:

While an interesting problem, isn't AC_SYS_LARGEFILE related to having
files > 2GB, rather than long file names? I'm not an autoconf expert (or
even apprentice!), but a quick look at the manual implies that perhaps
AC_SYS_LONG_FILE_NAMES is the one your looking for.

Steve

--
Steve Greenland
    world.       -- seen on the net