Re: ftp.au.debian.org

On Thu, Nov 27, 2003 at 11:30:15AM +0100, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> > > How many days must ftp.au.debian.org spit out 404's before it is
> > > considered a disservice to our users to have it pointed at
> > > PlanetMirror? (I presume the reason for the 404's is because of the
> > > disk failures mentioned on PM's front page, but still...)
> >
> > none.  apologies - we've been busy trying to work on a solution and
> > there's nothing quick in the short term to deal with this.
> >
> > at this point i'd suggest pointing it at pacific internet or internode
> > with their permission (someone will need to contact them).
>
> Every ftp.*.debian.org mirror (or all mirrors) should have prearanged
> fallback mirrors. That way they can switch over the dns when something
> breaks without first asking around if that would be ok.

Yes, but it's somewhat hard to get that without more participation from
mirror admins and users... it would be most beneficial if some of our
Australian developers would review the options now, it's pretty hard to
bring a final verdict from thousands of kilometers away.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.