Re: ftp.au.debian.org

On Sun, Jun 08, 2003 at 12:24:27PM +1000, jason andrade wrote:

[snip]

> > Because my question was who determined where ftp.au.debian.org pointed to.
> > There's no unwillingness to contact PlanetMirror, I didn't see it relevant
> > to my initial question/proposal.
>
> it is relevant.  we're the current people this is pointed at and that
> arrangement was not an arbitary one.  the question of who determines this
> includes the site admins as well as the debian people.

Understood.

> > Umm that's pretty much what I said at the start of this thread. I've got
> > no beef with PlanetMirror, I'd just like to see a more reliable
> > ftp.au.debian.org.

Please remember what I said above before getting out the flamethrower.

> i concur with the latter sentiments but in future i'd appreciate being
> approached directly first, or being cc'ed.

Okay, I'm back. And I'm Cc'ing related parties. Hopefully I don't get
anyone's noses out of joint this time.

How many days must ftp.au.debian.org spit out 404's before it is considered
a disservice to our users to have it pointed at PlanetMirror? (I presume the
reason for the 404's is because of the disk failures mentioned on PM's front
page, but still...)

Andrew