Re: Integrate Knoppix in Debian (was: Re: Debian Enterprise?)

On Fri, 2003-11-28 at 08:29, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Nov 2003, Henning Makholm wrote:
> > > Anybody who expects to get a Debian system by installing any CD which
> > > has not the main description DEBIAN on it is wrong.
> >
> > Says who?
> Me. You just quoted me, remember?

I think the intention was "who else says?" - like is there some
consensus around your proposition... (hope this isn't taken as flame
stoking).

> > I cannot see how such a discussion can be a bad thing.
> Discussion is great and I would love if it would end in a good
> result but please mark the topic like:
>   "New generation installer: Live CD approach"
> or whatever.

I think Subject: Integrate Knoppix in Debian, is pretty close. My first
thought on seeing the subject, knowing that Debian strives to do
everything The Right Way (TM), that the intention was indeed to have a
funky new "don't have to think" install method, all nicely packaged
within Debian main. And in fact, since there are other possibilities re:
this integration being discussed, I'd consider the existing subject line
actually better. (Should be) minor point though...

(Again, I think you just lost it, but a simple "sorry for losing it"
might go a long way...)

regards
zenaan

--