Re: Integrate Knoppix in Debian (was: Re: Debian Enterprise?)

On Wed, 2003-11-26 at 05:38, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> Debian only has a very few things left that need to be changed for a
> read-only root. All software should be changed to allow for linking
> files or dirs into a ramdisk or to a kernel file (/etc/mtab ->
> /proc/mounts). If you know of any that can't cope a link to a
> writeable place let me know and file a bug.
>
> Also with debix you don't have a read-only root unless you want to.

Info: I have a page that summarizes read-only root issues:

    http://panopticon.csustan.edu/thood/readonly-root.html

Re: my "allow mtab to be at the end of a symlink" patch ...
The patch was acknowledged by the util-linux upstream maintainer.
No promise was made that the patch would be applied, however.

--
Thomas Hood <jdthood@yahoo.co.uk>