Re: Some observations regardig the progress towards Debian 3.1

On Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 11:39:23AM +0100, Francesco P. Lovergine wrote:
| On Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 11:06:18AM +0100, Yann Dirson wrote:
| >
| > This problem has caused much more time to be spent on this than what
| > would have been needed, for no other reason than "woody is outdated".
|
| Not woody, but woody's kernels. I see no serious reasons to have an
| up-to-date kernel added to woody. In potato's days there were
| major updates for kernels and boot-floppies kernels.

<random thought>  Would updates to stable's XFree and CUPS ever be
considered sensible on those grounds?  Admittedly I suspect those might
be tricky to manage without potentially breaking things. :-/

But I suppose that's what backports (and sid...) are for.

Cameron.