Re: First pass all buildds before entering unstable

On Wed, Nov 19, 2003 at 09:44:31AM +0100, Giacomo A. Catenazzi wrote:
> Nooooo!!! it would delay to much the entry of some important packages in
> unstable. It would maybe improve some architectures, but definitely
> would reduce extensive testing of newer versions.

In which way would it improve some architectures and not the overall Debian
quality? why would it reduce extensive testing of newer versions? Rejecting a
package which is not buildable on a spacific architecture, because of an
unpstream or maintainer fault, is a semi-automatic testing that can be
implemented.

If we let it in and then we auto-build it, we get a new package with FTBFS
(i.e RC) bugs and slow down release even more.
If we auto-build it first and, if no upstream/package faults, we let it in, we
get less RC bugs.

ciao,
--
Luca - De Whiskey's - De Vitis              | Elegant or ugly code as well
aliases: Luca ^De [A-Z][A-Za-z\-]*[iy]'\?s$ | as fine or rude sentences have