Re: Some observations regardig the progress towards Debian 3.1

On Tue, Nov 18, 2003 at 01:43:08PM +0000, Colin Watson wrote:
> I think you're missing the point: package name changes due to soname
> changes often cause delays to testing, and therefore it's *beneficial*
> that there's potentially an easy way to hold them out of unstable at the
> moment.

right, i confused it with the no-imminent-release situation where the
manual ftp-master accept causes delays which in the case of soname
changes don't look very necessary to me. sorry for the confusion.

anyway, during non-freeze times it might be a good idea to accept
libraries with changed sonames automatically.

cu  robert

--
Robert Lemmen                                 http://www.semistable.com