Re: Some observations regardig the progress towards Debian 3.1

* David Starner (dvdeug@email.ro) [031116 10:55]:
> Alexander Winston wrote:
> > On Sat, 2003-11-15 at 23:17, David Starner wrote:
> > > If you were a Debian developer, you could fix this by adopting or at least
> > > NMUing important programs that were unmaintained. Is it easier to stand
> > > on the outside and complain then actually work to making it better?

> > But it may take many months or even years before he reaches official
> > Debian developer status... Could anything be done about that, perhaps?

> Actually, Adrian Bunk _was_ a Debian maintainer, but he retired; see
> <http://www.debianplanet.org/node.php?id=581>. He actively chose to
> make these posts instead of trying to make things better from the inside.

Actually, this article is from January 2002, almost two years ago. So,
to me as someone who is reading d-d since about April 03, it seems that
Adrian is starting to help again Debian. I've seen a lot of usefull
suggestions and bug reports, and I do welcome this as a usefull
contribution to Debian. (I also share most of his conclusions. Why do
we make a release plan if a lot of important packages ignore the
plan?)

Cheers,
Andi
--