Re: emacs20 obsolete? (Re: How to find all reverse depends of a package?)

Quoting Santiago Vila <sanvila@unex.es>:

> On Tue, 18 Nov 2003, Jérôme Marant wrote:
>
> > Quoting Matt Zimmerman <mdz@debian.org>:

> removed
> > >
> > > Perhaps the maintainer hasn't requested its removal?  I don't see a bug
> > > report open against ftp.debian.org.
> >
> > AFAIK, Rob doesn't want to maintain it anymore since Emacs21 has been
> > around for more than two years now and he doesn't want to spend time
> > in fixing bugs that have already been fixed in Emacs 21.
> > So, there isn't any problem in removing it.
>
> Could someone please tell me how to make Home and End to work as they
> did in emacs20, both in console and X?

What do you want to know that's not explained in the bug report (118914)?

(global-set-key [home] 'beginning-of-line)

(global-set-key [end] 'end-of-line)

As explained in the bug report, you have to setup your terminal to
get the proper keys working in a console as in X.

> I'm used to the old behaviour, and I think a fundamental change like
> this should be at least better documented in /usr/share/doc/emacs21
> (see #118914).

The NEWS file of Emacs explains such changes.

Cheers,

--
Jérôme Marant