Re: emacs20 obsolete? (Re: How to find all reverse depends of a package?)

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003, Jérôme Marant wrote:

> Quoting Matt Zimmerman <mdz@debian.org>:
>
> > On Mon, Nov 17, 2003 at 06:33:52PM -0500, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> >
> > > I'm curious, for instance, as to why emacs20 hasn't managed to be removed
> > > yet.
> >
> > Perhaps the maintainer hasn't requested its removal?  I don't see a bug
> > report open against ftp.debian.org.
>
> AFAIK, Rob doesn't want to maintain it anymore since Emacs21 has been
> around for more than two years now and he doesn't want to spend time
> in fixing bugs that have already been fixed in Emacs 21.
> So, there isn't any problem in removing it.

Could someone please tell me how to make Home and End to work as they
did in emacs20, both in console and X?

I'm used to the old behaviour, and I think a fundamental change like
this should be at least better documented in /usr/share/doc/emacs21
(see #118914).