Re: Programming first steps.

On 17-Nov-03, 05:15 (CST), Wouter Verhelst <wouter@grep.be> wrote:
> I have one grudge against python, though: its mandated indentation looks
> very ugly and unstructured to me. Kinda reminds me of COBOL (and boy, do
> I have nightmares of having to write COBOL code at school)

As a long-time C coder, I agreed with you. But after doing a small
python project, I was surprised at how quickly it became natural. It
does help to have an editor that ensures you don't mix spaces and tabs.

Steve, who would not object to the removal of character 9 from the ASCII
set, even without the existence of Python.

--
Steve Greenland
    world.       -- seen on the net