Re: ftpmaster accepts packages that have been rejected a few days ago

On Fri, Nov 14, 2003 at 12:09:43PM +1100, Russell Coker wrote:
> I think that we have more of a problem of people being afraid to contribute
> because of the fear of undue criticism or rejection than we have of unworthy
> people joining.
>
> The number of people who have been rejected is small.  The number of people
> who are good coders who could contribute to Debian if they chose is much
> larger.

The number of people who are useless idiots is several orders of
magnitude larger still. Our current process is moderately effective at
keeping most of them out.

We don't have much of a problem with these people joining *because*
our process is the way it is. It is flawed to suggest that this means
we wouldn't have one if it were easier.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |