Re: gimp1.2: gimp package suggest non-free software

On Wed, Nov 12, 2003 at 09:25:23AM +0100, Mathieu Roy wrote:

> Do you really think that I'm the only person to find UNACCEPTABLE that
> a package in mail suggests packages in non-free, which ARE NOT PART OF
> DEBIAN?

Packages are free to suggest whatever the maintainer wishes; I wouldn't even
consider it a particularly serious bug if the suggested package did not
exist at all.

If this really bothers you, write the two-line patch for apt-get to have it
suppress display of suggested/recommended packages that are not available
with your list of sources, and submit it as a wishlist bug against apt.
Since you presumably do not have any non-free sources in your sources.list,
this would prevent you from seeing these packages.

--
 - mdz