Re: gimp1.2: gimp package suggest non-free software

reopen 220363
thanks

Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> a tapoté :

> On Wed, Nov 12, 2003 at 08:00:44AM +0100, Mathieu Roy wrote:
>> Package: gimp1.2
>> Version: 1.2.3-2.4
>> Severity: normal
>>
>> Installed the gimp, I got a message suggesting me to install
>> gimp1.2-nonfree
>
> If you don't want to install it, don't install it. This isn't a bug.
>
> Report closed with this message.

Are you kidding?

Do you really think that I'm the only person to find UNACCEPTABLE that
a package in mail suggests packages in non-free, which ARE NOT PART OF
DEBIAN?

Are you really think that it is acceptable, when some people propose
to clearly drop non-free of debian, to pretend that this problem isn't
one?

Have you checked why it is no longer possible to save as images gif
with the package Gimp in main?

If you don't, please, keep off your hands from this report.

--
Mathieu Roy

  | General Homepage: 		http://yeupou.coleumes.org/		|
  | Computing Homepage:		http://alberich.coleumes.org/  		|