Re: gimp1.2: gimp package suggest non-free software

On Wed, Nov 12, 2003 at 12:10:02PM +0100, Mathieu Roy wrote:
> Apparently you forget about a specific part of the Social Contract.
> (Our Priorities are Our Users and Free Software...)

I have a creepy feeling that you are not wearing a user hat
but rather a hat of an organisation with a specific agenda.

The current compromise of splitting gimp/gimp-nonfree is
not ideal, but it's temporary measure anyway..

> > . And given that you appear to have a religious objection
> Does this assertion have any ground?

Nobody but a religous nut would claim that providing a
Suggests: link to software that is free (except for some
parts of world) is evil.

> Sure, keep lowering the quality of Debian in matter of freedom,
> there's no matter discussing that.

Sure, keep lowering the quality of debian-devel mailing list
in matter or signal/noise ratio, If everyone of the 1784 list
members used 1 minute reading your rants, we've just lost
4 workdays of creating a better debian.

Please provide patches, not flames.

Some contructive suggestions:

1) Eat some icecream and cool down.
2) Just wait until dust settles around lzw.
3) Add non-lzw gif saving support to gimp.
4) Patch apt-listchanges so that id doesn't mail about suggestions
   on packages that are not available.

--
Riku Voipio  	       |    riku.voipio@iki.fi         |
kirkkonummentie 33     |    +358 40 8476974          --+--