Re: Latest version of fvwm packaged

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 10:02:49 +0100, Lukas Ruf <ruf@rawip.org> said:

>> Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org> [2003-11-11 09:58]:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> The development branch of fvwm is nearing a stable release, and has
>> had a huge number of new features. The maintainer has been very
>> reluctant to package this branch, even in a people.debian.org
>> repository, so I decided to package FVWM 2.5.8 for myself; and I
>> have decided to share this with others as well. The packages are
>> lintian clean, and can be found at:
>>
>> deb http://people.debian.org/~srivasta/ packages/ deb-src
>> http://people.debian.org/~srivasta/ packages/source/
>>
>> There have been significant new features in the 2.5.X series, and
>> just the GNOME 2 compatibility should be enough to require this in
>> Sarge.
>>
>> These packages were configured as follows (I see no reason not to
>> allow rplay and xrender compatibility in fvwm). As you can see
>> below, I have included as many of the features as I could.
>>

> can I simply update to the new packages by inserting the
> deb-statements into my /etc/apt/sources.list ?
> I'm running unstable.

	That's the way it is supposed to work.  Please remember that
 you may have to tweak your ~/.fvwm2rc scripts, since a number of new
 features have been added, and some things have changed.

	manoj
--
Quote from telephone inquiry "We're only hiring one summer intern this
year and we won't start interviewing candidates for that position