Re: possible compromise for ITP: linux?

Andreas Metzler schrieb:
> Eike Sauer <eikes@cs.tu-berlin.de> wrote:
>> There already are several packages with complete
>> kernel sources which take as much place as his package
>> would, right?
> Robert does not propose to remove the existing kernel-source packages

Even he was a bit vague about that (sometimes I understood
the large number of kernel packages used as an argument
for his idea, which seemed to imply that he wants to remove
many of them), I understood that. I wanted to say that the
size of his packages are not too large to be included if
we find they do something useful.

> therefore the calculation is simple - more than 100MB required space

He didn't want to support all architectures,
so let's say 50 to 100 MB.

> in exchange for ...?

That goes to Robert.
A cleaner design comes to my mind, which is not much
for 50-100 MB being reproduced.

Ciao,
                Eike