Re: On linux kernel packaging issue

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 01:32:44 +0800
Cameron Patrick <cameron@patrick.wattle.id.au> wrote:

> Well, Glenn didn't really put many words around his output from timing
> bzip2, so any claims about what he was trying to prove are
> speculative.

The point i was trying to make is that architecture specific
optimisations do make programs run faster.

There is no point taking discussions any further if people refuse to
accept that very basic and simple principle on face value.

I just saw this thread as a continuation of one that has been going for
years, sorry if i took it out of context.

Glenn