Re: A case study of a new user turned off debian

On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 at 01:53:36AM -0600, Chris Cheney wrote:
> It would be helpful if Debian could even be installed on machines newer
> than about 2 years old. Neither my KT400 based machine nor my i875P
> based machine could be installed using the standard Debian
> boot-floppies. I had to resort to using Knoppix with debootstrap.
>
> So no Debian stable really is not an option for a large portion of
> users.

I challenge the assertion that this affects a large portion of users.

In the past few months, I've installed woody on roughly 30-40
different types of box, all aged 0-3 years, and only one was
unsupported by woody (and that was freaky new apple kit).

I think you have unusual hardware.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |