Re: Package libc6-dev depends on linux-kernel-headers

Sorry this message go to the poster instead of the list.

> > > There have always been some kernel headers in libc6-dev, they've just
> > > been split out into a separate package now.  Several of these headers
> > > are referenced by headers provided by glibc which would break those
> > > headers if linux-kernel-headers is not installed.
> >
> > I'd prefer the old way.
>
> And can you give a substantive reason?  Without one your message makes
> no sense.

I didn't give a reason because it wouldn't change anything. I always
download the kernel sources myself and build my kernel from scratch. I
therefore don't want do download and install the header packages as
well. Besides which version of headers does libc6 use/need?

You may ask why I don't use any Debian kernel. Mostly because I need the
framebuffer early on and also use an USB keyboard on my desktop. Most of
the rest are just modules.

O. Wyss

--
See "http://wxguide.sourceforge.net/"; for ideas how to design your app.