Re: status of Progeny projects

Philip Brown wrote:
> that's only a problem if you insist on having the exact same install
> programs on the floppy set, as you do on the cdrom set.
>
> These days, I think that is not a good goal to aim for.

And yet enough this is something d-i aims for, and, I think, succeeds at.
Not by having the exact same binaries on the floppy as on the CD, but by
using modularity to only vary the few bits that need to be varied, and
keeping most of the installer identical across media and architectures.

It's kinda nice to not have to maintain N^2 different versions of the
installer, too.

--
see shy jo