Re: status of Progeny projects

On Wed, Oct 29, 2003 at 10:10:19AM -0600, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> Besides, last time I checked, Anaconda was HUGE - Would not
> work if we want to still provide the ability to install using a couple
> of floppies.

that's only a problem if you insist on having the exact same install
programs on the floppy set, as you do on the cdrom set.

These days, I think that is not a good goal to aim for.
Better to aim for cdrom as the "normal" install, and provide a cut-down
version of install progs, for  floppy install.

Or in other words: migrate to using anaconda (or something just as
interesting) for cdrom installs on systems that can support it,
and the current stuff otherwise.