Re: Source only uploads?

On Fri, Oct 24, 2003 at 08:30:12AM +0200, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
> | IMHO, it is very important that source only uploads are allowed
> | in case:
> |  a) developers are not running Sid
> |  b) developers are not running up-to-date Sid
>
> You should run sid.

Even if the only computers you have may be important machines, where
uptime is very important in keeping stress levels at a minimum?

(in my house, there is hardly enough physical room for another computer
system either, any space that is completely unsuitable for computer
use has already been taken by desktop machines ;-). Surely you are not
saying that I need to buy a bigger house in order to remain a Debian
developer???).

Also keeping up-to-date requires bandwidth and time (in order to
debug any problems, check for existing bug reports, file new bug reports
as appropriate, and research workarounds until the bug is fixed.)

Furthermore, not keeping up-to-date to unstable (to the day) sometimes
exposes upgrade bugs that would otherwise go unnoticed.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>