Re: Debian bugs belong to the Debian BTS

On Wed, Oct 22, 2003 at 04:30:08PM +0200, Marc Haber wrote:
> I find it quite unacceptable to ask the submitter to file the bug
> directly with upstream, not bothering the Debian maintainer any more,
> since this hides the problem with the Debian package.

If the Maintainer uses the "forward"-Tag, it is guaranteed that
he is informed, if the Problem was fixed by upstream. Also he
acts as first contact person, which provides the Upstream Authors
detailed, technical Informations about the Package.

Anyway, its not really part of the User, to directly communicate
with the Upstream Authors, even if the Bug is not reproducable by
the Package Maintainer. :-)

bye,
    - michael