Re: Closing bugs such as 210560

Russell writes:
> Should Debian users be expected to forward their bug reports upstream
> instead of filing Debian bug reports?

I certainly prefer that bug reports be filed against my packages in the
Debian BTS rather than sent upstream.  When they are upstream bugs I can
send them there, often with additional information.

> It has always been my understanding that bugs should be reported to the
> Debian developer.

That has been my understanding as well.

> If someone wants to go through all my KDE bug reports, figure out which
> ones haven't been fixed and file some upstream reports then that would
> probably be useful.

I've always assumed sorting such things out to be one of the duties of a
Debian maintainer.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org