Re: Source only uploads?

Hi,

Am So, den 19.10.2003 schrieb Andrew Suffield um 21:08:
> On Sun, Oct 19, 2003 at 05:57:55PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> The proposal was "All packages should be built in an artificial
> environment of this form". I have pointed out that this is a
> braindamaged idea.

Well, any maintainer that uses packages from experimental should not
build their packages on these mixed systems. Therefore, they use chroots
or a similar thing (unless they can afford an extra box for building).
In any case, this is an artificial environment, constructed especially
for the purpose of building packages for debian. Thus, that is no way
better or worse than debian's buildd.

I hope this supports my proposal in the other mail :-)

nomeata
--
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner
  e-Mail: mail@joachim-breitner.de | Homepage: http://www.joachim-breitner.de