Re: how to ask for packages rebuilding

On Sun, Oct 19, 2003 at 12:15:40PM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> Op zo 19-10-2003, om 10:44 schreef Stefano Zacchiroli:
> > On Fri, Oct 17, 2003 at 10:55:41AM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> > > So all seems well, and to be in the hand of the autobuilders. The
> >
> > Actually the situation is still the same, so I think that we should do
> > something.
> >
> > I've never understood which is the right/polity way of requests for
> > triggering a new rebuild of packages. Should I ask on -devel, -admin,
> > the per architecture mailing lists or where?
>
> You should first check what the status of your package is, by going to
> http://buildd.debian.org/stats/ . I wrote some documentation on what the
> different states actually mean; you can find it at
> http://people.debian.org/~wouter/wanna-build-states

Yep, this is the case, we naturally check these kind of things first.

> If that convinces you that human intervention is required (that's not
> always the case), you should contact the people that can actually do
> something about it, so the per architecture mailing lists.

Packages that need to be rebuilt on m68k are :

  gdome2-xslt, gtkmathview and lablgtkmathview

  => gdome2-xslt was last tried on Oct 12, and failed to build because
  of gdome2, altough gdome2 was sucessfully built on Oct 9. The two
  other packages depend on gdom2-xslt in a chained way (first
  gtkmathview and then lablgtkmathview).

  netclient, ocamlnet, pcre-ocaml, xstr and pxp.

  => netclient depends on ocamlnet, which depends on pcre-ocaml which
  depends on findlib, which was sucessfully built in the same Oct 12 run
  the other failed. pxp depends on ocamlnet and findlib and wlex, xstr
  depends on findlib, which was built in the same run.

All these packages could be built without problem, if they are
rescheduled and built in order.

So, i know you maintain a m68k autobuilder, could you do it, or should i
ask on debian-68k ?

This is in an effort to get all the 40 or so ocaml packages ready to
enter testing by friday/saturday next week, so it would be nice if they
could be rebuilt.

Friendly,

Sven Luther