Re: Pre-Depends for postgresql

I've just got home and read this thread.  It's OK by me, Martin, to make
the change, in view of the tenor of the replies.

On Thu, 2003-10-16 at 15:17, Andreas Metzler wrote:
> Mathieu Roy <yeupou@gnu.org> wrote:
> > Hum, instead of adduser, useradd should be used by the posgresql
> > package.
> > useradd is included in the package passwd, which is "required" package
> > from the "base" section.
>
> IBTD. Apart from the fact that using adduser is explicitely recommended
> in policy having _all_ packages use the same interface for
> user-allocation IMHO is valuable on its own and outweighs getting rid
> of a predependency.

If any package that needs to add a user should always use adduser,
should that not be a required package rather than just important?

I had always thought that Pre-Dependencies were very much discouraged.

     "Trust in the LORD, and do good..."        Psalms 37:3