Re: Source only uploads?

On Fri, Oct 17, 2003 at 05:27:15PM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> Op vr 17-10-2003, om 15:12 schreef Sven Luther:
> > On Fri, Oct 17, 2003 at 02:53:48PM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> > > On Fri, Oct 17, 2003 at 02:25:04PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> Are you considering the fact that our current buildd infrastructure
> might not cope with the extra amount of packages that would need to be
> built? A buildd which has to do almost nothing, such as the i386 one,
> may not be prepared to handle the full load of building the archive; in
> fact, the i386 buildd is gluck[2], which has more to do than just
> autobuilding. Suddenly requesting that gluck be able to handle
> autobuilding a full architecture might not be a good idea.
  This is really a null argument with all the high powered PCs running
around recompiling Gentoo every day I think we can find one to rebuild
Debain too.  I'm sure I could get approval to use my work stations as
buildds if needed, but I have a sneaking suspicious somebody else has
something better than a single proc Athlon XP 2000+ they want to use to keep
their house/office warm.  PCs are a dime a dozen, and broadband is widely
available, I don't see away to out grow the building potential we have other
than ignoring it.

  Out of curiosity, does anybody have any numbers on how much "churn" there
is in x86?

  - Nick Lopez
    spamtrap@glowingmonkey.org

  -- Randomly selected signature --
I saw a VW Beatle the other day. The vanity Plates said "FEATURE"