Re: nethack popularity contest - number_pad?

On Fri, Oct 17, 2003 at 08:40:10AM +0100, Mark Brown wrote:
> Disabling hjkl results in a rather nasty and inconvenient surprise when
> you fire up the Debian nethack package.  I seem to remember that in
> previous versions of nethack enabling the numeric keypad did not disable
> the standard movement keys.  Restoring that behaviour would presumably
> help both camps cope with the defaults.

Well, one problem I see with that immediately is that 'k' when
number_pad is enabled means kick; if number_pad is off it means go up.
Of course, we could disable k for kick and use ^D; but in the end we
might end up with an awkward hybrid of number_pad and !number_pad.

--
Joshua Kwan