Re: nethack popularity contest - number_pad?

On Thu, Oct 16, 2003 at 06:30:26PM -0700, Joshua Kwan wrote:

> Which is better? I like the default keys because you learn how to use
> nvi very efficiently knowing the hjkl-style keys :) I'm searching for as
> many opinions as possible so please speak up!

Disabling hjkl results in a rather nasty and inconvenient surprise when
you fire up the Debian nethack package.  I seem to remember that in
previous versions of nethack enabling the numeric keypad did not disable
the standard movement keys.  Restoring that behaviour would presumably
help both camps cope with the defaults.