Re: specifying which IP addresses can send mail for a domain

On Oct 10, Russell Coker <russell@coker.com.au> wrote:

 >The method in question has never taken off because of lack of application
 >support.  If we make all mail servers in Debian support it then that could be
 >what is needed to make it a success.  I would be happy to devote some coding
 >time to this if it can result in a net reduction of SPAM.
Sadly it's more complex than this.
Protocols like SPF (http://spf.pobox.com/, which I believe is the best
of them) did not take off because of multiple reasons. If you are
seriously interested in this then I suggest you look at the past
threads on SPAM-L and the other appropriate forums.

--
ciao, |
Marco | [2322 mi/eMbJhFdzPI]