Re: Fw: libdtdparser-java_1.21-4_i386.changes REJECTED

Arnaud Vandyck <arnaud-guest@users.alioth.debian.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've got a problem and like to have some lights to correct it...
>
> 1° I did replace the orig.tar.gz of libdtdparser-java to remove the
>    generated doc and  the generated jar file because  I don't need them,
>    it's rebuilt from sources!
>
> 2° I dpatch it and now it can be built with free compiler and run (it's
>    a library) with free software, so my library can be moved to main.
>
> I  do rebuild  the  package with  '-sa'  to attach  the  sources to  the
> package. My sponsor upload the package but it has been rejected.
>
> Can  someone help me  to solve  the problem?..  and maybe  re-upload the
> library? Many many thanks...
>
> -- avdyk@jabber.skynet.be | avdyk@jabber.org (or on #debian-devel ;))
>
> On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 13:02:32 -0400
> Debian Installer <installer@ftp-master.debian.org> wrote:
>

> > Rejected: can not overwrite existing copy of 'libdtdparser-java_1.21.orig.tar.gz' already in the archive.

You can't do that anymore.  It was bad practice a while ago (1 year or
more?) and outright impossible now.

You need to bump the version number of the .orig.tar.gz, e.g
libdtdparser-java_1.21a.orig.tar.gz or something (just make sure it's
lower than your next real upstream version number).

Peter