Re: Cleaning up the GIMP mess

On Friday, September 12, 2003, at 11:10 PM, Martin Michlmayr wrote:

GIMP seems to be quite a mess.  Looking at the sources file, I see
that there are two versions of GIMP 1.2 in the archive (1.2.3 and the
current stable version, 1.2.5), and they partly build the same binary
packages.

Yes; gimp1.2 was supposed to have been superceded by gimp, which I did quite a lot of major work on a bit over a month and a half ago, but it looks like I overlooked filing the bugs against ftp.debian.org to get gimp1.2 removed from unstable. I will do this this weekend.

Sorry for the relative inactivity. If there are others who are very interested in maintaining GIMP, please let me know. Otherwise, I'll just clean up the archives by removing the gimp1.2 and related packages from the archives.

Ben