Need help on enhancing Telnet with srp

Hello,
 I am computer science student and my project is to
enhance telnet using srp protocol to avoid passing
passwords in plain text. i have no idea how to start
about. I have link to your web-site with source code
for telnet.

 I have been going through RFC2944 for telenet
authentication:srp. I have already written code
implementing SRP(secure Remote Password) in C++, just
with a server and client. I have no idea what to do to
embed this into telnet. Could anyone please help me to
get started.

Thanks alot,
Deepti