Re: installer for non-free packages in contrib

Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> a tapoté :

> On Mon, Sep 08, 2003 at 01:08:34PM +0200, Mathieu Roy wrote:
> > Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> a tapot? :
> > >
> > > How can they do so? Installing a package with 'dpkg -i' in the postinst
> > > of another package isn't possible, since dpkg's status area is locked.
> >
> > At this point, the question is not how to do it
>
> I think it absolutely is. If something is impossible to do correctly
> then filing [1] bugs against packages claiming that they don't do it is
> rather unfair.

At this point, the question is not how to do it. I can think about 30
ways to do it, while I'm surely not the expert here. So I'll rephrase
my question to avoid having you being obstructive.

Would it be acceptable to fill a bug against each installer that do
not build a proper debian package when installing non-free software,
as long as a technical solution is provided?

--
Mathieu Roy

  Homepage:
    http://yeupou.coleumes.org