New release of ifupdown planned

The ifupdown package hasn't been touched by its maintainer for over
two years and it is about time some of its problems were addressed.

Since the maintainer of ifupdown doesn't answer repeated attempts
to contact him by e-mail, I suppose it is appropriate to report
here that there is a group of people working on a new ifupdown
release.  Please contact me if you are interested or would like to
help.  We would like to have a release ready well before the
deadline for sarge.

This message should also be considered to be a query as to the
whereabouts of the missing maintainer for the purposes of section
7.4 of the developer's reference "Dealing with inactive and/or
unreachable maintainers".

--
Thomas Hood