Ye olde "<Home> and <End> is not working in X" bug

Yo!

This was discussed at length (iirc soon after woody release, in one of the
'what should be better in sarge' threads). but without any real solution
being presented.

I don't know, has there been any progress? Somebody (a DD) failed to reproduce
it. I did set up a few Debian machines recently - the bug is still present.
One observation that was iirc not made in the previous thread: the 4 or 5
machines I saw with this problem were all set up with the woody installer,
but switched to a testing and/or unstable sources.list quite early in the
installation (Don't remember if it was already in the initial sources.list or
only just after the installation, after declining to run dselect/tasksel).

The 3 computers at home (all set up with the potato installer when woody was
testing, and since continuously apt-gotten, one of them into a quite unholy
stable/testing/unstable mix) don't have the problem.

Please excuse me for not filing a bug - but what package....????

greetings
-- vbi

--
featured link: http://fortytwo.ch/gpg/subkeys