Re: New release of ifupdown planned

On Wed, Aug 27, 2003 at 09:36:31PM +0200, Thomas Hood wrote:
> The ifupdown package hasn't been touched by its maintainer for over
> two years and it is about time some of its problems were addressed.

Thanks for taking the initiative on this.  I'd noticed it's neglect a
while back but didn't have time to do anything about it.

> Since the maintainer of ifupdown doesn't answer repeated attempts
> to contact him by e-mail, I suppose it is appropriate to report
> here that there is a group of people working on a new ifupdown
> release.  Please contact me if you are interested or would like to
> help.  We would like to have a release ready well before the
> deadline for sarge.

I'd especially like to see bug 168776 closed.  There's even a patch
attached to it.

> This message should also be considered to be a query as to the
> whereabouts of the missing maintainer for the purposes of section
> 7.4 of the developer's reference "Dealing with inactive and/or
> unreachable maintainers".

AJ is definitely around...  In fact it's been less than 24 hours since
he's posted to this list...  AJ?

noah